This page is recommended for visitors who don't know what UTAU is. I hope this page will help you gain a basic understading of what UTAU is! :3
- UTAU: A freeware vocal synthesis program developed by Ameya/Ayame as an alternative to VOCALOID.
- UST: A scorefile that contains data that can be read by voicebanks.
- Voicebank: A folder of raw voice samples that can be put through UTAU in order for it to sing.
- Engine: A program that generates .frq/.pmk/.llsm files for voicebanks and renders a UST.
- .frq/.pmk/.llsm: Files used to make voicebanks sing.
- Plugin: Additional program that can be opened within UTAU. There are many plugins available, such as plugins that can convert a CV UST to a VCV UST.
- oto.ini: A file that contains the configuration settings of a voicebank.
- CV: A voicebank type that's beginner-friendly. Some voicebanks can be really choppy, although there are some voicebanks that sound smooth with a properly configured oto.
- VCV: A voicebank type recommended for experienced users. It connects voice samples recorded in strings together to create a smooth voice.
- CVVC: A voicebank type that can be used to support other languages. Functions like CV, except that it uses VCs to make it sound similar to VCV.
- VCCV: A voicebank type primarily designed to sing in English, resulting in a smooth voice. Can support other languages.
- Arpasing: A new voicebank type developed by Kanru Hua similar to VCCV, although it uses fewer samples. Supports English so far.